Redeeming your tokens for bullion
Part of what make us so unique is the ease with which you can redeem your tokens for real gold or silver bullion. Redemptions are managed through Ainslie Wealth in Brisbane, Australia. This is how it works:
Gold and Silver Standard tokens are options for real bullion backing them up. To keep the transaction fees so low we need to make that process manageable, and so not all holdings are directly redeemable.
- Gold Standard tokens are redeemable on the basis of 1000 AUS is exchangeable for 1kg of gold bullion. Only kilo bars of gold are redeemable so only lots of 1000 AUS can be redeemed without paying the Strike Price ($1000) for the option.
- Silver Standard tokens are redeemable on the basis of 50,000 AGS is exchangeable for 50kg of silver bullion. Only lots of 50kg of silver are redeemable so only lots of 50,000 AGS can be redeemed without paying the Strike Price ($1000) for the option.
- You can redeem any amount of tokens if you pay the Strike Price, or
- Ainslie Wealth accept both Gold Standard and Silver Standard as a form of payment for any quantity or type of bullion outside of these terms.
- If you are remote to Brisbane, Ainslie Wealth can ship your bullion directly to you, arrange a storage account where they can store it for you, or deliver (no charge) to Reserve Vault where you can get your own safe or a custodial account.
- Generally you can redeem without notice, simply transfer the tokens to Ainslie Wealth and they hand over the bullion. However for larger redemptions you should ring or email Ainslie Wealth to allow time (up to a week) for them to recover the metal from Reserve Vault.